Q-Park has a semi-centralised management structure for sponsoring as it provides a high degree of ownership in the market and in consultations with key stakeholders while at the same time ensuring an expert approach. This semi-centralised structure is managed by Q-Park's Brand Custodian (QBC).
- QBC is responsible for the health of the Q-Park brand, corporate reputation, sponsorship portfolio and maximising the effectiveness of sponsorships. QBC is also responsible for the strategic focus regarding overall marketing and/or brand plans, approving and negotiating strategic sponsorships, and linking opportunities to optimise sponsorships.
- The country marketing & sales teams are directly responsible for their ‘national, regional, and local’ results, implementation and integration of sponsorship across marketing activities, selecting and recommending opportunities, maximising effectiveness and involving stakeholders.
- The country marketing & sales teams are responsible for selecting sponsorship targets; local, regional or national.
- Sponsorship (local, regional or national) can only be approved by the country directors team (MD & FD). Basic information regarding approved sponsorships must be send to QBC within a week after approval.
- If the sponsorship is intended to attract broad national or international media exposure, QBC must co-sign.
- If a sponsorship crosses national borders, the sponsorship request must be forwarded to QBC who will then take responsibility for selection and final approval/rejection.
- Responsibility for managing the sponsorship process, managing the relationship with the sponsored event, quantifying sponsorship objectives and stakeholder education lies with the country marketing department.
- Responsibility for representing sponsorship issues to the board lies with QBC.