Smart Mobility 2030 - ITS Strategic Plan for Singapore
Tuesday, 31 January 2017
Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) play an important role in influencing our everyday commuting habits. Singapore has constantly leveraged on ITS to optimise and better manage its transportation networks to provide a pleasant travel experience for different groups of commuters.
- Singapore introduced the world's first fully automated underground driverless Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) line spanning 20km with 16 stations.
- Singapore has established its own Contactless e-Purse Application Standard (CEPAS), enabling different card issuers to offer cards and services that are compatible with the Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) system.
- Leveraging on Dedicated Short Range Communications (DSRC) technology and In-vehicle Unit (UI) of the ERP system, the Electronic Parking System (EPS) was introduced.
- The tedious search for car parks and reduction of unnecessary circulation of vehicles in search of parking was made easier with the introduction of the Parking Guidance System (PGS).
"Moving towards a more connected and interactive land transport community." A smart urban mobility of the future where people and the transportation system are seamlessly connected, interacting through innovative, state-of-the-art ITS technologies.
- Implement innovative and sustainable smart mobility solutions
- Develop and adopt ITS standards
- Establish close partnerships and co-creation