Business & Artificial Intelligence (BI & AI)
Business intelligence drives parking insights
Public space for parking is at a premium. Nobody wants to see streets and squares chock-a-block with parked cars. And with mobility and liveability considerations high on the public agenda, planning efficient and sufficient parking capacity in purpose-built parking facilities (PFs) is paramount.
Who needs to know about parking capacity?
- Event organisers need insight into parking capacity available at certain times/days to obtain a permit for the event from local authorities.
- The cost of providing PFs has to be factored into new development investments. Project developers need to budget between €15,000 and €50,000 per space in purpose built PFs. Insights from comparable projects to calculate how many spaces need to be built are therefore invaluable.
- Government bodies and municipalities planning infrastructure and new constructions need data to plan sufficient parking capacity for visitors and residents.
- City authorities need insight into commercial parking needs to balance solutions with offices and leisure.
- Navigation system providers need real-time data to direct motorists quickly to vacant parking spaces.
Q-Park has the numbers through business intelligence
- Categorise parking facilities (PFs), create benchmarks, and compare performance within a category;
- Visualise utilisation in graphs and heatmaps, therefore enabling easy comparison and facilitating informed decisions for a range of stakeholders;
- Conduct predictive analysis on peak occupancy;
- Understand the average time and money spent by motorists on parking, and
- Confirm the value of a PF in an urban area
- Enable retail and leisure partners to create smart marketing campaigns
- Calculate whether current parking capacity is sufficient to meet demand generated by current and projected commercial ventures;
- Measure the effects of parking regulations, parking tariff schemes and changes to infrastructure.
Visualised data enhances smart decision-making
Information value chain
Next innovation = Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Q-Park’s next innovation will be to integrate augmented analytics with its BI platform. This crucial innovation will expand the expertise we share with our partners and will improve effectiveness by allowing every contributor to learn, adapt to and outthink the needs of the market, quickly and where smarter decisions are most needed.
Business Intelligence insights from comparable projects are invaluable