Functional & Structural Design
What is the secret to an excellent parking facility?
- Create car parks which fit in with their surroundings and serve local needs.
- Design all architectural and structural elements to help customers access, park and exit as safely and seamlessly as possible.
- Focus on the functionality and performance of a variety of car parks, every day.
How to get people in and out a car park so easily?
- Access and exit barriers are located perfectly.
- Aisles are straight.
- Access lanes have sufficient space for multiple cars so they do not obstruct the street.
- Exit routes are short to minimise pollution and noise.
- Capacity of the street can absorb cars leaving the car park.
How to help customers park in a single manoeuvre?
Once in a car park, customers want to park quickly and get on with their day. Therefore, aim for the optimum ratio of three key measurements: the width of the driving aisle (a), the width of the parking space (b), and its angle (c). This allows the creation of car parks where customers find a vacant space quickly and park an average car in a single move.
Do customers notice functional design solutions?
Our customers may not be experts in car park design, but they recognise a user-friendly car park when they experience one.
One-way traffic (x) expedites parking and increases safety. Our careful attention to the sizing and positioning of columns (y) and other support structures maintain sight lines (z), while increasing parking efficiency.
In other words, our comprehensive solutions create safe and easy-to-use car parks.