Q-Park has taken parking convenience a step further – from cashless to ticketless to cardless parking – no bank or credit card required at the parking facility at all. This technology is embodied in the PaSS and PlatePay solutions.
PaSS and PlatePay have been initially implemented throughout Belgium and in a few selected parking facilities in the Netherlands. We have firm plans to implement the innovation in a selection of our parking facilities in the Netherlands, Germany, UK, France, Ireland and Denmark in 2020.
Q-Park PaSS is an evolutionary innovation combining ANPR technology with digital payment solutions and Q-Park's proprietary Back Office Calculation (BOC) module. Now, we can integrate the Parking Management System (PMS) at access and exit points with Q-Park’s BOC to create a seamless, fair and transparent parking experience.
Q-Park PaSS is an ecosystem. It is a collaborative economic innovation because in recent years, boundaries between industries have become blurred and customers are hyper-connected. Everyone now has access to ambient intelligence and connectivity, boundless information and unlimited choices.
- simplify the various steps a parking customer needs to take (literally and figuratively) and we innovated to make these steps as simple as possible;
- connect the various sales & service channels a customer uses and we innovated for transparency, flexibility and freedom of choice;
- plan adaptively for businesses who wish to offer parking as part of their service and we innovated to ensure seamless integration with their backoffice systems.
- KBC, providing effortless parking for their clients using their mobile banking app;
- EasyPark, providing an integrated on-street and off-street solution for their app users.
PlatePay is the specific Q-Park implementation of this service and is available to any customer using the Belgium Q-Park Mobile-app. Customers register their number plate in the app and link it to a bank account. Their number plate then forms their key to access Q-Park car parks.